Husband and wife, Gino and Flora Torresan began making and bottling wine at their Happy Valley winery 1958. In the early years, most of the grapes were sold until 1962 when they produced their first vintage under the name of G Torresan & Sons.
In 1974, the Happy Valley Winery was formed and the small family business concentrated on producing premium boutique wines for the local and interstate markets.
What had once been viable vineyard land soon became a residential hot spot. In preparation, the ex-Palladio winery at McLaren Vale was purchased to secure a base for future operations. This winery would eventually be known as Torresan Estate McLaren Vale.
In the early 1990s, the Torresan family were approached to help out a customer with some bottling. This was the beginning of Torresan Estate Contract Bottling. From just three bottling customers in 1992, Torresan Estate now has over 250 customers and is currently run by the third generation of the Torresan family
- 1958: Established by husband and wife Gino and Flora
- 1962: Production of first vintage under the name G Torresan & Sons
- 1974: Private company Happy Valley Winery was formed and began producing premium boutique wines
- 1991: Torresan Estate transitioned from a winery to a contract packaging business
- 2007: Relocated from Flagstaff Hill to McLaren Vale with an all new state-of-the-art facility
- 2015: Additional warehousing built to accommodate growing demand
- 2019: Completion of a third warehouse and undercover glass bottle storage